Mike Bowers, Senior Director of Health and Safety at People to People Ambassador Programs, shares his thoughts and experience on educational travel and how Vismo has helped to improve the organisation and safety of travelers.
Mike also sits on the SYTA Board of Directors. For more information, visit www.syta.org
The article below is written by Mike Bowers and can be found here: http://bit.ly/HRalTN
|How technology can improve your educational travel experienceAt People to People Ambassador Programs, technology plays a central role in our safety strategy, which is my sole focus as the organization’s senior director of health and safety —
a position unique in the educational travel business. Indeed, technological advancements enhance safety on all of our programs, every travel day of the year.
Technology in student educational travel
The intersection between technology and safety is familiar to me. After 29 years in the airline industry, you could say that safety and the tools that surround it are in my blood. In 2008, I joined People to People Ambassador Programs, and after four fantastic travel seasons, I applaud the organization for having the insight and vision to prioritize the health of our travelers. Every year, we send thousands of students across the world for life-changing adventures, and we do so safely.
Continue reading →
The 58th ASIS International show takes place in Philadelphia, USA from 10th to 13th of September 2012. Following on from a very successful ASIS exhibition in 2011, Vismo will be in attendance again demonstrating its comprehensive personnel global tracking solutions to the security industry.
Vismo is available on Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Phone platforms as well as the Iridium Extreme and Thuraya XT satellite phones giving a truly global coverage. Vismo has been extensively trialed in many of the Worlds hotspots and the patent pending technology within Vismo has proved to be invaluable to Vismo’s many customers across the globe.
Vismo’s key features include:
- GPS Tracking – Regular GPS fixes to a secure web platform, allows your Crisis Management Team to view current locations, historical trails, battery life and signal strength.
- Panic Alert – Panic button triggers an immediate E-mail and SMS in real time to key contacts, and a period of covert recording to ascertain the risk level and take necessary action.
- Incident Response – Use Vismo to show the latest position of employees in the vicinity of any incident and send advice on appropriate action.
- Geo-Fencing – Set up Geo-Fences and receive SMS messages and E-mail alerts when employees move into high-risk areas or leave safe zones.
- Lock & Wipe – Lost or stolen devices can be remotely locked and all sensitive data wiped from the device.
- Online Control – Manage the risk and safety of all employees from one central, secure, online location.
Colin Dale, Business Development Director at Vismo, says, “Vismo is a truly unique multi-platform, user friendly interface with simple integration into an entire corporation or an individual device. The demand for personnel safety has helped us achieve great success in 2012 as organizations become increasingly aware of the dangers traveling executives are facing.. Vismo provides an additional level of care and is revolutionizing executive safety abroad”.
If you are attending the ASIS exhibition, you can find Vismo at Stand 365 where you can explore the elements of Vismo in detail and see how Vismo works in practice.
To enquire further about Vismo, please Contact Us