We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative .NET Developer to join the vibrant development team behind Vismo; a market-leading personal security tracking product designed for all mobile phone platforms (Apple, Android, Windows). Vismo is rapidly expanding in response to increasing sales, opening new sales offices in the US to complement the UK Head office. This role offers an exciting opportunity in a dynamic environment for a .NET developer keen to work at the leading edge of web and mobile development.
The product: Vismo (www.vismo.com)
- A robust, and mature market-leading security tracking application used by some of the largest blue chip companies in the world in industries such as oil and gas exploration, banking and NGOs.
- Vismo provides tracking, panic alerts, mapping, two-way SMS, geo-fencing and check-ins through a secure website.
- Available on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, sat phones and personal trackers
- Award winner for innovation at last year’s ASIS global security conference.
- Developing the main web-based tracking portal.
- Design and implementation of Web API supporting the product and third party integration.
- Technical pre-sales meetings and conversations with technology partners and customers
- Designing and creating innovative new features for the application
- Development of the Vismo mobile application.
- Configuring and deploying onto Microsoft Azure, making use of the built in Visual Studio tools.
- Elements of second-line technical support for the Vismo product
- Being responsible for ensuring code written is of high quality, using SOLID principles.
- Testing code and participating in code reviews.
- Taking responsibility for day to day progress of individual tasks
We are seeking an innovative and creative and candidate equally comfortable in technical customer discussions as coding. Candidates must also have a drive to write clean, maintainable code of a high quality with a keen eye for code organisation and design. Candidates must have proven prior experience working with the .NET framework and a strong knowledge of the C# language and run-time library. Knowledge of web based applications is essential and experience with frameworks such as AngularJS would also be an advantage. Knowledge of building mobile applications ideally on iOS and Android is also desired.
The product is highly secure and subject to industrial-strength penetration tests and hence knowledge of secure programming techniques and models and the ability to write robust software are essential.
Any experience in mobile development would be useful but there will be the opportunity to cross-train into development on iOS, Windows Phone and Android mobile platforms,
Candidates should demonstrate strong experience in some of the following areas:
- C# (with experience of LINQ, asynchronous programming etc.)
- .NET framework (at least version 4.0)
- Mobile Development experience on iOS and Android
- SQL Server & T-SQL
- ASP.NET MVC & Razor
- ASP.Net Web API
- .NET server technologies (such as Entity Framework, WCF)
- Source control solutions (e.g. Git, TFS)
- Visual Studio (including use of NuGet)
Vismo is a dynamic and rapidly growing company which is part of the £23m+ turnover Cellhire group. Cellhire is an expert in mobile communications with 30 years’ heritage with offices around the world. Vismo is going through a period of continued expansion due to the success of the product, expanding into the US and growing the sales, support and development teams. The majority of customers are US-based and there is potential for travel. This financial year will see revenues increase again year-on-year. In the light of global tragedies like Paris and Brussels, companies are becoming more aware of the need to know the location of their staff at any time. Vismo satisfies that need in an innovative and ground-breaking way and addresses a growing market. If successful, you would be joining a vibrant development team working on the latest platforms, operating out of the Vismo Global Headquarters in an attractive setting in York.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Colin Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org